We prepare personal tax returns and provide tax saving advice to
- Employees, with one or more jobs
- Self-employed individuals
- Landlords with rental income
- Investors with interest & dividend income and gains and/or losses on the sale of investments
- Individuals who have sold real property
- Retirees with pension and other income
- Parents with child care expenses
- Students or past students who want to record tuition paid so that it can be claimed in the future
- Individuals who need to catch up on past due tax returns
Our personal tax services include catching up on tax returns from past years that haven’t been filed yet.
This is a big part of our business! We support our clients through-out the year by preparing past due tax returns. The CRA only requires taxpayers to catch up for the past ten years, but there are advantages to going back more than 10 years.
We see many situations:
- Individuals who were unable to file their taxes due to medical issues
- People scared about how much they might owe. In fact, most of our clients end up with refunds!
- Taxpayers being hassled by the CRA to file delinquent taxes for one or many years
- The CRA has arbitrarily assessed tax returns by estimating their taxable income and creating large tax liabilities with late filing penalties and accrued interest
The last two situations bother our clients, understandably.
We can help by working with each client to understand their situation, to facilitate the gathering of tax documents and making suggestions for legitimate deductions to improve their tax situation
We can also file Notices of Objection, and applications under the Voluntary Disclosures Program or the Taxpayer Relief Program. To learn more, please see our Tax Advocacy webpage