Most small business owners are very interested in getting organized, but they are not always clear on how to get started. We often hear entrepreneurs express a desire for more structure. They feel that they are running around “putting out fires” and they never seem to get ahead of the business. As Michael Gerber of the E-Myth would say, they are working in the business (as employees) rather than working on the business (as owners).
Establishing systems and procedures will:
- ensure that your operations run more smoothly
- improve your understanding of where things stand at any given time, including providing a clear picture of your finances
- increase the possibility of taking a holiday now and then
It has been our experience that there is quite a difference between knowing how to run your business versus managing financial issues.
- I feel like I am reacting all the time. I want to get better organized so that I can get ahead of the various day–to-day issues and start working on my business instead of in my business (ref: The E-Myth by Michael Gerber)
- I need a system that I can implement across my company to ensure that my employees do everything that I expect every time.
- I need a system for managing all the paperwork, including the financial documents that are essential to my business
- I want to get more control over my cash flow and profitability